General Terms of Service General Terms of Service General Terms of Service
In addition, the Company pays as much attention as possible to privacy protection. Regarding the handling of personal information, please read the “Personal Information Protection Policy.”
A member shall be the individual who has agreed to the Terms of Membership Registration and completed the membership registration procedures in advance to use any of the services provided by the Company by means of telephone, written document, the Internet, etc. and has been approved as a “member” by the Company.
To use the Website, users shall be required to prepare necessary devices, software, a communication tool, etc. on their own responsibility and at their own expenses and appropriately install and operate them. Although the Company allows the users to access the services provided by the Company, we do not guarantee the contents or secure provision of services or the access results by any means.
The property rights on the contents, individual information (data), and the aggregate of information (data) contained in the Website shall belong to the Company and the business partner that provides the relevant contents to the Company.
The Website contains the property rights protected by the laws and regulations, etc. concerning intellectual property rights.
The contents posted or provided on the Website or advertisement are protected by the Copyright Law, Trademark Law, Design Law, etc. Except in the case approved in writing in advance by the Company, its business partner or advertiser, users shall agree not to reproduce, publish, transmit, distribute, assign, lend, translate, adapt, license, reprint or reuse the services or the contents contained therein (whether any part or the whole thereof).
In addition, users shall agree in advance that when a user has violated this article, the Company shall have the right to forbid such user to reproduce, publish, transmit, distribute, assign, lend, translate, adapt, license, reprint, or use the reused article of the relevant contents, individual information (data) and the aggregate of information (data) as well as the right to claim the amount equivalent to the profits gained by such user as a result of such act.
Unless otherwise specified, the Website shall be provided for the users to use privately and for noncommercial purposes.
Without obtaining the prior written approval of the Company, users may not change, copy, distribute, transmit, display, put on the screen, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works, assign or sell any information, product or service obtained through the Website.
Without obtaining the prior written approval from the Company, users may not use the Website for the purpose of or by means of seeking profits irrespective of the manner.
In using the services herein provided (hereinafter referred to as the “Services”) , the following acts shall be prohibited:
(1) A criminal act and an act deemed to result therein or an act threatening to have such a risk;
(2) An act of infringing upon the property, privacy, portrait right, etc. of the other party or an act threatening to have such a risk;
(3) An act of infringing upon the intellectual property right such as the copyright, trademark right, etc. of the Company or the other party (whether in Japan or overseas) or an act threatening to have such a risk;
(4) An act of interfering with the operation of the Website or damaging the credibility of the Company;
(5) An act of assigning the membership right to a third party or causing a third party to use such right or using the right for sales transactions, transfer of the title, establishment of the right of pledge or putting up otherwise as security ;
(6) An act of using the information obtained through the Website without the approval of the Company for the purpose of reproduction, sale, publication, broadcasting or public transmission or otherwise beyond the scope of private use;
(7) An act of slandering other users, a third party or the Company;
(8) An act of seeking personal profits;
(9) An act of transmitting a harmful computer program, etc.;
(10) An act of falsifying the information usable through the Services;
(11) An act of using the Services by illegally using the other person’s user ID or email address and password;
(12) Other acts against laws or regulations or public order and morals;
(13) Other acts deemed inappropriate by the Company.
When deemed necessary from the standpoint of service operation on the Website, because of the circumstances of system maintenance and management, in the event of fire, power failure, natural disaster such as an earthquake or for operational/technical reasons, without giving prior notice to users, the Company may change the contents of services provided or discontinue the service provision, modify or delete the registered information and document contents.
In addition, the Company shall not assume any responsibility for any damage caused by a change, delay, suspension, discontinuation or termination, etc. of the service on the Website.
With regard to the contents of the Services on the Website, the Company shall provide the latest information available at that time. In addition, the Company shall continue to act voluntarily to provide the latest information.
In using any of the various services on the Website, when a user has caused damage to the Company through his/her act violating the Terms or by fraudulently or illegally using the Service, the Company may make a claim against such user for due compensation for damage.
(1) There are cases where the information posted on the Website or provided through the Website may be inaccurate or wrong. The Website and the information on the Website are subject to periodic changes. The Company may improve or change the Website and its services at any time. Even when a user or a third party incurs any damage through the use of the Website, the Company shall not assume any responsibility for compensation for damage, etc.
(2) The Company shall not assume any responsibility for the damage caused by the suspension, delay, discontinuation, etc. of the system due to a communication line or computer failure, by the falsification of the website of the Company or by unauthorized access to data, in spite of considerable safety measures taken by the Company.
(3) The Company shall not guarantee the security, accuracy, usefulness, applicability, etc. of the information posted on the Website or provided through the Website. In addition, the Company shall not guarantee that the emails sent through the web pages, servers, domains of the Company and the contents in the Company do not contain anything harmful, such as computer viruses.
Websites linked to or linked by the Website are not under the control of the Company, and the Company shall not assume any responsibility for the relevant websites. Therefore, the Company has no responsibility for any damage incurred (whether directly or indirectly) arising out of or in connection with the contents, advertisements, goods, services, etc. thereof.
Article 12 Handling of Registration Information
1. The Company shall not disclose the personally identifiable information to any third party out of the registration information of the members (such as the name, sex, date of birth, address, phone number, email address and the information on the usage/purchase history, etc.). However, this shall not apply to the following cases:
(1) Case where a consent to the information disclosure has been obtained from the relevant member;
(2) Case based on laws or regulations;
(3) Case where the information disclosure is necessary for the protection of human life, body or property and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the relevant member;
(4) Case where it is necessary to provide cooperation for a government organization, municipal entity or a person entrusted thereby to carry out the operations stipulated by law and there is a risk that to obtain the consent of the member may interfere with the execution of the relevant operations;
In addition, there is a case where personal information may be disclosed for business execution purposes to the parties concerned with the Service (the principal event-operating organization, a company entrusted with distribution, and others) in connection with the provision of the Service, in which case the relevant member shall agree in advance to such disclosure of personal information for business execution purposes.
To ensure safety management of personal information, the Company prohibits said parties concerned from using personal information for purposes other than the relevant business purposes and makes such parties concerned obligated to dispose of the relevant personal information in an appropriate manner or return such information to the Company when the relevant operations have been completed.
2. To enhance advertising effects and analyze trends in terms of the Services and the Website, the Company may provide and disclose the statistical data that does not allow personal information to be identified to a third party without obtaining the prior approval of the members.
The Company shall not assume any responsibility for the damage arising out of a transaction effected through the advertisement placed on the Website as well as the damage arising out of the placement itself of the advertisement.
All the complaints and claims arising out of or in connection with the contents transmitted by a user to the bulletin board or the question service corner, the use of the service by a user, access to the service by a user, a user’s violation of the Terms or a user’s infringement upon a third party’s right shall be resolved at the expense and on the responsibility of such user. In addition, when the Company incurred expenses or made compensatory payment, etc. in dealing with the relevant complaint or claim, the user shall bear all of such expenses and compensatory payment, etc.
The Company shall be entitled to change, suspend, or discontinue the services of the Website at any time without giving prior notice to users. Even when having changed, suspended, discontinued, or terminated the service contents, the Company shall not assume any responsibility.
In the case of matters not covered by the Terms or any doubt arising out of the matters set forth by the Terms, the relevant user and the Company shall consult with each other in good faith to resolve the same.
In addition, when unable to resolve the case through consultations, the Tokyo District Court shall have exclusive jurisdiction for the first instance.
Article 18 Governing Law
Article 19 Revision of the Terms
1. The Company shall be entitled to revise the Terms at its own discretion for any reason whatsoever at any time.