R-bies, Inc. and its Group companies (RECS Co., Ltd. and RUNTOP Co., Ltd.) (hereinafter referred to as the “Companies”) shall recognize the importance of personal information, strictly comply with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and related laws and regulations, etc., and endeavor to properly manage, protect, and appropriately handle personal information based on the following policies:
1. Acquisition of personal information
The Companies shall acquire personal information by lawful and fair means.
2. Use of personal information
・ The Companies shall use personal information within the scope of the purpose of use which is indicated at the time of acquisition and to the extent necessary to perform operations. The acquired personal information shall be used primarily for the following purposes:
[To confirm or send the services relating to the goods, events, tours, etc.]
1) Confirm the purchases of and/or send magazines, books or goods;
2) Confirm applications for events or tours and/or send notices on the invitation for participation;
3) Confirm registrations for membership services and/or send related notices;
4) Confirm subscriptions of magazines and/or send related notices;
5) Confirm presents/questionnaires and/or send related notices;
6) Confirm the registration for email delivery service and/or deliver messages;
7) Confirm applications for events, seminars, campaigns, etc. and/or send related notices;
[To provide, improve and/or develop the services relating to the goods, events, tours, etc.]
1) Notices on the introduction of new products, new magazines or new websites;
2) Notices on the events /tours to be held;
3) Notices on the services provided by cooperating companies in terms of events, tours, etc.;
4) Questionnaire about magazines/goods/events/tours, etc.;
5) Totalization of the records and announcement of the ranking;
6) Totalization of first-aid activities/accident and sickness data.
・The Companies shall use personal information jointly with a third party or, when entrusting the handling of the acquisition of personal information to a third party, after running a rigorous investigation of the relevant third party, shall conduct an appropriate audit to make such third party maintain confidentiality.
3. Provision of personal information to a third party
Unless otherwise provided for by laws or regulations, the Companies shall not provide personal information to any third party without obtaining prior consent from the relevant person.
4. Management of personal information
・The Companies shall maintain the accuracy of personal information and safely manage the same;
・To prevent personal information from being lost, destroyed, falsified or leaked, the Companies shall take appropriate security measures against unauthorized accesses, computer viruses, etc.
5. Disclosure/correction/suspension of use/erasure of personal information
The Companies shall recognize that the relevant person has a right to demand disclosure/correction/suspension of use/erasure, etc. in terms of his/her own personal information, and when such demand is made, after confirming that the person who makes a demand is the relevant person, the Companies shall promptly deal with the case. Please be sure to use the prescribed form and contact “the Companies’ Counter for Inquiries about Personal Information” set out below:
Contact for disclosure/correction/suspension of use/erasure:
Customer Service, R-bies, Inc.
1-31-9, Hara-machi, Meguro-ku, Tokyo 152-8532
The Companies shall recognize that the relevant person has a right to demand disclosure/correction/suspension of use/erasure, etc. in terms of his/her own personal information and when such demand is made, after confirming that the person who makes a demand is the relevant person, the Companies shall promptly deal with the case. Please be sure to use the prescribed form and contact “the Companies’ Counter for Inquiries about Personal Information” set out below:
7. Formulation/implementation/maintenance/improvement of the Personal Information Protection Compliance Program
To put this policy in action, the Companies shall formulate the Personal Information Protection Compliance Program (including this policy, the “Personal Information Protection Rules” and other rules and regulations) and, after making the program universally known to the employees of the Companies and other persons concerned, shall implement, maintain and improve such program on a continuous basis.
Certification acquired at the Headquarters, Nishioyama Office and Osaka Branch of R-bies, Inc. and the Headquarters of RECS Co., Ltd.